The Hidden Key to Harry Potter: Understanding the Meaning, Genius, and Popularity of Joanne Rowling’s Harry Potter Novels
What you need to know about The Hidden Key to Harry Potter:
1) It is the first critical study to unlock the inner meaning of Harry Potter by treating the series seriously as literature along the lines of Charles Dickens and Jane Austen.
2) It is the first exposé to identify Joanne Rowling as a Christian who consciously writes Christian Fantasy in the tradition of C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien.
3) It is the first full-fledged effort to predict Potter’s future course in detail – an audacious and thought-provoking adventure offered to fellow enthusiasts.
4) It is the first textbook suitable for use at Hogwarts – bringing humor, fun, and WOW! excitement to the “serious” business of Pottermania.
Low Road critics have panned the bestselling Harry Potter novels as “the literary equivalent of fast food” and as a gateway to the occult. But no one has explained the worldwide popularity of Ms. Rowling’s fiction or read it as one would read Tolkien, Hemingway, or Shakespeare. The Hidden Key takes the High Road to understanding Harry Potter’s success, through an exploration of the series’ structure, themes, and symbolism.
The astonishing conclusion of this investigation is that Ms. Rowling, demonized by some Christian critics because of the magical setting of her books, is ironically writing the most charming and challenging Christian fiction for children since Lewis’ Chronicles of Narnia. The Hidden Key demonstrates that all the Potter books teach Christian doctrines – sometimes with subtlety, often baldly – in their plot, imagery, and character development.
Lambasted by critics who have not read her books closely or are unfamiliar with traditional Christian literature, Ms. Rowling’s genius has been overlooked despite her books’ success.
A lover and teacher of the Great Books – including the great children’s books he reads his seven children – Mr. Granger applies his knowledge of classical philosophy and Christian traditions to reveal the secret message that explains the magic power of Harry Potter.
Find out these secrets inside:
* What is the hidden key to Harry Potter?
* Is Harry’s magic dangerous – or quite the opposite?
* What is the evidence that Rowling is a Christian novelist?
* Is the author an “Inkling”? How have we been so bamboozled?
* Who is the real-world model for Gilderoy Lockhart?
* Who is Harry, really? Why does Lord Voldemort want him dead?
* Will Wormtail kill Voldemort as Wormtongue killed Saruman?
* What may happen in the upcoming Potter books?
* How does it all end? – an UNAUTHORIZED prediction.
- Author:John Granger
- Number Of Pages:384
- Publisher:Zossima Press