Unlocking Harry Potter Five Keys for the Serious Reader – UNLOCKING HARRY POTTER gives you five essential keys for understanding the HARRY POTTER series. Not just who will live or die in DEATHLY HOLLOWS, but how J.K. Rowling created the most successful books of our times.
To understand the story behind the stories, John Granger, author of THE HIDDEN KEY TO HARRY POTTER and editor of WHO KILLED ALBUS DUMBLEDORE?, introduces the themes and patterns Rowling uses to write books that resonate with readers of all ages.
This book is for “serious readers” but Granger writes in a very entertaining style. If you never understood the term “postmodernism” or how “literary alchemy” is used by great authors from Shakespeare to J.K. Rowling, then this is a fun way to learn.
UNLOCKING HARRY POTTER is the only book to examine in depth the importance of what Rowling said in an interview from 1998, that “to invent this wizard world” she had to learn about alchemy “in order to set the parameters and establish the stories’ internal logic.
Here’s what other HARRY POTTER authors and experts have to say about UNLOCKING HARRY POTTER:
– “I got so hooked I had to stop everything else and just read, read, read.”
– “I carried it around the house, read it while using the excercycle, I hid in rooms away from the action of daily life so I could take it all in.”
– “I haven’t had that reaction to a book since, well, THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE.”
– “A spectacular read for all serious fans of Rowling’s works.”
– “Compelling, well-argued, fun and funny.”
– “Thought provoking.”
– Tom Morris, author of IF HARRY POTTER RAN GENERAL ELECTRIC and PHILOSOPHY FOR DUMMIES: “John Granger peels back the layers of Rowling’s stories and sees patterns the rest of us miss – and he never forgets to be a fan, engaging in fun speculation about what will come in the finale.”
“Once more Granger has shown himself to be second to none among Potter commentators and literary sleuths.
Some books are meant to be ingested quickly. Not this one. Serious fans of HARRY POTTER will relish it. ”
– David Baggett, editor of HARRY POTTER AND PHILOSOPHY,
- Author:John Granger